Monday, March 25, 2013

Canvas Art

Happy Monday!

Hope you all had a great weekend. I wanted to make a present for my friend who just found out she is having a baby boy. It was a fun and simple project.

Here is what you need:
  • canvas
  • acrylic paint
  • paintbrushes
  • stickers




 I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out giraffes and chevron strips on vinyl but you could just use stickers you like. Then I placed the stickers on the canvas, make sure the stickers are on so that that when you paint over it none of the paint gets underneath them.

 Place the stickers where you want them. I liked having just one facing the opposite way.

 Paint on top of the stickers. I decided to have the top part be a different color than the bottom. You may need a couple of layers of paint in order for it to cover up the white of the canvas.

Once the paint is dry you can peel off the stickers. I chose not to paint in the giraffes, but you could certainly do so if you want to add a little more color to the canvas.
Not too bad for my first attempt. Hopefully my friend will like it!

~Lauren

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Lauren! Such an awesome idea!!! I definitely want to make one!!!

    ReplyDelete